How To Paint Your Nails Like A Pro

5/13/2016


Hey everyone! It's no secret that I'm obsessed with nail art and nails in general. I used to bite my nails a lot when I was a kid but I decided to let them grow because I wanted to have super long and decorated nails! 
But having long and healthy nails that don't break all the time is not easy, I speak from personal experience. 
So here's a little 'tutorial' on how I paint my nails without making a big mess and without damaging them! 


I always try to do my manicure after showering. 
This way you make sure everything is clean and your cuticles are still very soft. 

 Then I use a wooden stick to gently push the cuticles. I haven't cut them in months.
Only do it if you really have to, the cuticles are what keep your nails strong and protected from infections.

Then I apply a nice thin coat of base coat to prepare my nails.
No hardeners, nothing that claims to make your nails stronger or grow faster.
Just good old plain base coat. 

A good base coat dries really fast so you can start painting right away! 
I chose this glittery metallic pink called Salto Alto (tr.: High Heels) by DOTE. 
This is what it looks like after one coat:
 Important: STAY AWAY FROM THE CUTICLES
Most people like to make a mess and then clean it after with acetone, don't do that!! 
Take your time and be gentle with the wand. Get as close to the cuticle as possible without touching it. 

Apply two coats, using the same method: getting as close to the cuticle as you can.
Now you're ready for top coat!! One thick layer is enough, don't forget to seal the tips to make sure your polish won't start chipping soon. I chose a glossy quick-dry top coat and this is how it looks:

There are still a few messy spots on my skin so I took a really thin small brush 
and a little bit of polish remover (with no acetone) and just cleaned around my nails. 

 And this is the final result! Now just rub some cuticle oil all over your cuticles (I like to use coconut or almond oil) 
to make sure they're all nice and moisturized and you now have yourself a professional looking manicure!



If you would like to see my nail care routine (all about filing, buffing, cutting, etc!)
or some nail art tutorials just let me know! See you next time. ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments